pansz <panshi...@routon.com> writes:

> reason:
> 1. you can switch from console vim to gvim with the command :gui
> 2. some options and settings are reset when starting the gui.
>
> in this case:
> a. .vimrc are source *without* "gui_running" defined
> b. some of the options are reset
> c. GUIEnter event and .gvimrc are sourced

Do your saying it can't be done from a single .vimrc file?

With the `gui_running' thing in .vimrc... if I call :gui, gvim starts but
doesn't get the settings under gui_running.

So how can I have gvim run with the settings in place, but not bother
my vim settings, and not have to maintain another init file?