On 09/10/09 09:27, pansz wrote:

> Gene Kwiecinski 写道:
>> Okay, flipped the coin, came out with longlines, let's try this again...
>>

>>> Does xterm support dynamically change the cursor shape? (use ESC code to
>>> change from block cursor to ibeam cursor and vice versa)
>>
>> Doesn't make sense, as a block- (either full- or half-) or underline-cursor
>> is *on* a character, but an I-beam cursor is generally *between* characters.
>>

> I-beam cursor can be at the first pixel column of the charactor, like
> konsole in KDE4 does.

...or gvim (when in Insert mode or in Command-line insertion mode), and
after using that for some years, I find that it makes a whole lot of
sense, since typing a character there will "push rightwards" the current
contents of that character cell plus zero or more additional bytes
including the end-of-line.

Best regards,
Tony.
--
We don't understand the software, and sometimes we don't understand the
hardware, but we can *see* the blinking lights!