On Sun, Apr 11, 2010 at 04:33:31PM +0200, Bram Moolenaar wrote:

> Hello Vim users!
>
> [...]
>
> Mercurial is going to be the primary method for distribution.  I'll
> drop CVS, it slows me down too much.  Someone else might be able to
> mirror the Mercurial repository in CVS, like it's done for Subversion.

I don't think we have any reason to keep the CVS repository any
longer.  It's way too slow and rather user-unfriendly.  Nobody will
want to use CVS if he could have any other alternatives.

I think the Subversion repository should also be abandoned.  I tried
Mercurial, it's rather powerful and very easy to use.  I suggest that
we just stick with Mercurial and only use this as official repository.
If any other people wish to use other forms of repositories, they can
publish their unofficial mirrors, just as vim-cocoa does.

> I hope to bring out a first beta version by the end of May.  That gives
> everybody time to send me updated and polished patches and runtime
> files.  I need to have these halfway May, I also need some time to
> integrate everything.

What's the feature-freeze date?  I want to submit a small feature and
a tiny feature.  Hope I could have enough time for that.