From: Jeri Raye, Fri, August 20, 2010 11:09 am

> Why do you use several different color schemes? What does it help
> you? Why for example do you prefer dark color schemes (black/grey
> brackground, soft letter colors).

Color schemes are helpful to accommodate different ambient light
levels. By having an editor/screen brightness similar to the
surrounding area, the eye is not forced to adjust when looking away
from the screen (at the phone, keyboard, reference card, etc.) and
then back again.

So if I am in a low lit space, I use a low brightness scheme, and in a
bright space, a light one.

--
Steve Hall  [ digitect dancingpaper com ]