2010/10/5 Alexander Dietz <alexanderdie...@googlemail.com>:
> Hi,
>
> On Tue, Oct 5, 2010 at 16:18, Joan Miquel Torres Rigo
> <joanmiq...@mallorcaweb.net> wrote:
>>
>> 2010/10/5 Alexander Dietz <alexanderdie...@googlemail.com>:
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > On Tue, Oct 5, 2010 at 16:00, Joan Miquel Torres Rigo
>> > <joanmiq...@mallorcaweb.net> wrote:
>> >
>> > you mean to type the command in vim the way you type a search command?
>>
>> The way you type any command.
>>
>> In normal mode, simply type ':set nopaste<enter>'.
>
> I would like to configure vim in such a way, that I do not need to type a
> new command each time I copy something, or paste something etc. When you
> work with e.g. emacs, xterm or a web-broswer edit field, you also do not
> need to 'type some command' before you are going to paste something. You
> just click the middle mouse button to paste text, for example.

1. In your first post you said that you have ":set paste" in your
~/.vimrc that obviously not working. Then, if you want to solve the
problem (only if you want, of course) you need to make some tests to
diagnose the cause.

2. You entitled this thread as 'vim creates stupid result'. But this
result is stupid only if you REALLY told vim that you want enter in
paste mode. Otherwise this is VERY smart becouse it helps user to
indent text (also you can switch off this feature with :set
noautoindent).

3. Setting 'paste' mode by default is not a smart decision because you
will lose many good features, but you can do it simply putting 'set
paste' in your ~/.vimrc.

4. If you were simply did the test that I suggested you probably could
see that this workded and think that there must be something wrong in
your ~/.vimrc.

5. While writting (1) and reviewing your first email I see a spurius
':' before each command in your .vimrc which I did'nt adviced first
time because they are correct when commands used in normal mode, but
not in command mode in which is processed vimrc files.

6. There is to many more intelligent and efficient ways to paste data
from other applications (despite if is desktop clipboard or mouse
selection). See :help registers.

7. If you persist in using mouse to paste, you can also map some keys
to :set paste / :set nopaste commands. But also, you can do what you
where trying just removing the spurius ':' at the begining of the 'set
paste' command in your ~/.vimrc (and, of course, of the other commands
in this file if you want they take some effect).

8. Definitively vim is not stupid, but much more smart that you think.
But requires a bit of patience to learn. Only this. But then you can
improve your efficiency up to 4 or 5 times or more simply tunning it.

> My question: Is it possible to configure the same way, such that, when in
> the inserting mode, text can be pasted into the vim text as it can be done
> with emacs, xterm, webbrowser etc. If that is possible, what exactly do I
> need to put into my .vimrc.

You don't need to put nothing: You need to remove the supurius ':' in
your commands.

--
Linux Registered User #164872