Sorry I didn't send this to the list.

On 08/04/11 23:50, wxuyec wrote:
thank you very much for your reply.

1) I am running konsole.
2) the term is set to xterm.
3) when I hit Ctrl-V followed by<Up>, I
get ^[OA inserted.
4) the answer for :verbose set<Up>?<xUp>? is
t_ku<Up>           ^[O*A
        <xUp>          ^[[1;*A
and the first two item ^[ are blue.
It seems that as you said, it really begin with
Ctrl-[. but it still doesn't work after I execute
:set timeout timeoutlen=1000 ttimeoutlen=100.
I also tried many other values.

When I run Vim in konsole, I get the same as you do for 1 to 4 above, and yet <Up> and <Down> work to walk the history.

Maybe you have a mapping?

Try

        :verb cmap  <Esc>
        :verb cmap  <Up>

Normally, it should answer "No mapping found" (without the quotes). If you have a mapping, it will tell you what, and where it was set.

Best regards,
Tony.
--
"It was a Roman who said it was sweet to die for one's country.  The
Greeks never said it was sweet to die for anything.  They had no vital