On 15/04/11 16:50, Eric Weir wrote:

On Apr 14, 2011, at 9:55 AM, Tim Chase wrote:

I'm finding h, j, k, l; e, b; $, 0; and H, M, L a bit limited

While Tim Gray mentioned mappings for gj/gk, I also notice your list omits the f/F/t/T/;/, motions
as well as the sentence "(" and ")" motions.  I use the fFtT;, motions *ALL*
the time,  to the point where I almost never use h/l to move horizontally.  For prose (rather than
code), the parens are useful for jumping sentence-wise.  Additionally the w/W/b/B/e/E motions will
speed up your horizontal movement.

Thanks for bringing these to my attention, Tim -- and for the other suggestions. I get
"(" and ")" and w/W/b/B/e/E, but f/F/t/T are eluding me at the moment. I can't
tell what they do.

Eric Weir
Decatur, GA  USA
eew...@bellsouth.net

Well, look them up:

        :help f
        :help F
        :help t
        :help T

and see what happens when you use them as a motion, e.g. after setting characterwise-visual. (Each of them takes a one-character argument, like r etc.)

Hint: f stands for "forward", t stands for "to" or "till", and the capitals go in the opposite direction.

Best regards,
Tony.
--
I doubt, therefore I might be.