On Tue, Jun 14, 2011 at 1:23 PM, Benjamin Koltai <bkolta...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am using vim to syntax highlight and convert plain text files to
> html. My server usually has multiple requests coming in at once, so I
> would love to optimize vim to work as quickly as possible. I would
> love to get a better understanding on what the minimum requirements
> for doing the conversion are and how I can set them properly.

This may be heretical for this list, but is Vim the right tool for the
job? There are many other syntax highlighting engines out there.
I've used the Pygments <http://pygments.org/> library with some success
and restview <http://mg.pov.lt/restview/> to render it to a browser.
--
/George V. Reilly  geo...@reilly.org  Twitter: @georgevreilly