On Thu, 7 Jul 2011, Eric Weir wrote:

On Jul 7, 2011, at 11:14 AM, Charles Campbell wrote:

May I suggest a few plugins:

* to identify the name of the syntax item that you want to change colors for:

hilinks.vim:

  http://mysite.verizon.net/astronaut/vim/index.html#HILINKS

Charles, I don't see how to get the plugin. When I click on "vimball" at this link I'm led to another plugin, Vimball Archiver, which I'm guessing I don't need. How do I get HiLinkTrace plugin?

Click the link which doubles as the header in the list.

You're right that you probably don't need the vimball plugin, since it's been included with Vim itself since version 7.1.

For more information, within vim itself, do:
:help vimball

--
Best,
Ben