On Thu, 7 Jul 2011, Eric Weir wrote:

On Jul 7, 2011, at 3:25 PM, Benjamin R. Haskell wrote:
On Thu, 7 Jul 2011, Eric Weir wrote:
On Jul 7, 2011, at 11:14 AM, Charles Campbell wrote:
hilinks.vim:

 http://mysite.verizon.net/astronaut/vim/index.html#HILINKS

Thanks, Ben. I'm confused. I was expecting a vimball to download which I click on that link. Instead -- I think -- I'm referred to a page with this text:

[... vimball trimmed ...]

Is *this* the code of the vimball?

Yes, roughly. I ran into that problem before with Dr. Chip's site, but I figured it was just whatever browser I was using at the time.

Regardless, if you right-click,save-as the link instead of just clicking it, things should work out fine.

Tech details... The HTTP headers indicate:

The first part is plain wrong (a .vba file isn't HTML; it's a vimball). The latter is unhelpful (will likely cause the browser to decompress the gzip'ed file before saving).

Dr. Chip, if you have access to put an .htaccess file in that directory, you can correct the first problem with this line:

AddType text/x-vimball .vba

--
Best,
Ben