Matt Martini, Thu 2011-09-22 @ 15:28:47-0400:
> What would I do to get this to work since I am using Pathogen?

Just use `:source ~/.vim/bundle/Syntastic/plugin/syntastic.vim` (or
whatever the correct path to the syntastic.vim file is) instead of the
source command I mentioned previously.

It's possible that it could get confused because the other files
associated with the plugin are going to be in the bundle subdirectory as
well, instead of in their canonical locations, but Pathogen may have
some mechanism that makes this transparent, I'm not sure.

Scripts in your .vim/plugin directory (or .vim/bundle/*/plugin
directories, if you're using Pathogen) are automatically sourced at
startup. All this technique is really doing is making it a manual
process instead. You're doing by hand what Vim would normally do
automatically, and thus able to defer it until you really need it.