On Jan 26, 9:20 am, Reid Thompson <reid.thomp...@ateb.com> wrote:
> what steps did you take and what errors did you get (for compiling and
> configuring the vim source)

I installed the source and tried various work arounds to the standard
make. But this is a large, networked computer system maintained by a
major university. They are not about to give one of their ordinary
usuers root priviliges. And one needed root permissions to run make,
or the compiler. Yes I can ask them to do it for me, but a previous
request like that failed. We may well have to pressure them on the
grounds of accessibility.