On 12/02/13 16:37, Patrick wrote:
Hi Everyone. I would like to switch from gvim to vim. Some terminals don't seem
to support syntax highlighting well. I've got rxvt-unicode looking great with
vim but I am wondering about other options. What is your favourite terminal to
run vim in?

I use mostly gvim but occasionally I run Vim in console, for various reasons. I agree with Tim Chase's arguments in favour of gvim.

I am on Linux. The preferences below will probably not apply on Windows, and only partially on Mac.

If logged in to a text console: use that.
If logged in to X11: I use konsole (in most cases) or mlterm (for RTL or bidi text).

Additionally, in terminals with 88 or 256 colours (including konsole and mlterm but not the Linux text console) I use the same (or nearly the same) colours as in gvim, thanks to the CSApprox plugin, see http://vim.wikia.com/wiki/Using_GUI_color_settings_in_a_terminal#Solution_2:_the_CSApprox_plugin

Best regards,
Tony.
--
A parent can be arrested if his child cannot hold back a burp during a church
service.