On Apr 10, 2009, at 10:01 PM, Cyrus Griffin wrote:

> Well, I set up all that (I also realized I was running 7.5.0 not 7.5.5
> heh) and they still don't seem to want to talk... I set up the TCP/IP
> on the Duo, and the FileSharing is on, AppleTalk is set up to use
> Ethernet... I can't help feeling I'm missing something. What is the
> purpose of the AppleShare client? There doesn't seem to be any place
> to configure this... I have my iMac ethernet set up with AppleTalk,
> and both have manual DHCP addresses. I was able to connect to my
> iMac's IP address from the Duo, but only as a guest. (the Registered
> User radio button was greyed out) My iMac says the DuoDock server IP
> does not exist.

I might not have stated this before, you can't see a pre-OS 9 Mac
FileSharing from OS X.4 and up.  But with the AppleShare Client you
CAN see the OS X.4 and up File Sharing from a early Mac (7.something
and up).  The AppleShare Client sw I noted is an installer, you run
it and it installs the necessary files on the machine.