Doug McNutt wrote:
> At 22:01 -0700 4/10/09, Cyrus Griffin wrote:
>> Well, I set up all that (I also realized I was running 7.5.0 not 7.5.5
>> heh) and they still don't seem to want to talk... I set up the TCP/IP
>> on the Duo, and the FileSharing is on, AppleTalk is set up to use
>> Ethernet... I can't help feeling I'm missing something. What is the
>> purpose of the AppleShare client? There doesn't seem to be any place
>> to configure this... I have my iMac ethernet set up with AppleTalk,
>> and both have manual DHCP addresses. I was able to connect to my
>> iMac's IP address from the Duo, but only as a guest. (the Registered
>> User radio button was greyed out) My iMac says the DuoDock server IP
>> does not exist.
>
> Despite Clark's insistence otherwise I have never been able to make
> my system 7.5 SE/30 file server work with any OS neXt after 10.3.9.
> It's possible that I it's mostly because I haven't tried for a couple
> of years but I don't think the Apple 7.5 software has been improved.
> It does seems as though your intent is to sit at an OS neXt Mac and
> talk to a remote 7.5 machine - a server.

Possibly because you can't and I never said you could.  I said you could
go the other way, access the 10.4+ FileSharing from the SE/30.

SE/30s don't support an AppleShare IP (ASIP) service which is the
limiting factor, they can only serve via AppleTalk and OS 10.4+ is only
does ASIP.

--
Clark Martin
Redwood City, CA, USA