Hi All,

I picked up a Mac Plus a while back and I have finally gotten the
keyboard that I got off eRob yesterday and want to try using it today.

Now I had to make a keyboard cable from an old telephone headset cord
that I had.  Yes I cut off one end and crimped on another RJ-11
connector making sure that the wire colors are the same on each end
when looking as the connector the same way.

I have purchased two "new" mice off eRob sometime ago and picked up
another when I way given an //e.

Now the back ground is done, here is my issue.  I connect the mouse
to the unit and also the keyboard.  Insert a boot disk and turn on
the unit.
It starts up and gives me a desktop with the bootdisk icon on it.  I
can move the mouse and the curser moves with it but when I press the
button I get nothing.  I do not see any action on the screen at all.

I have tried the "old" mouse (one that was given to me) and one of
the "new" mice.  Same thing when I click on the button I do not see
anything happen on the screen.

I opened it up to look and see if I could see anything.  Nothing
stood out, it was very clean inside thing unit.  I dare say it has
had much use as the case is in very nice shape, with little yellow,
etc.  I noticed that the screw in the battery compartment seemed very
tight when I was removing it so it has been open very little in it
life time.

I have even turned the unit over and took my lighted magnify glass
and looked at the connector to see if anything was pushed down into
the pin holes but nothing.

Anybody have any suggestions?  I did not remove the memory, and then
re-install it.  I did not think that the memory would cause such a
strange behavior with the mouse, but I am willing to try it if
everyone feels it might help.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Mike
aka Darkwallmac