Yup, that's true. I bought MacBootDisk.com for this exact reason, to
help people find a boot disk for their Mac quickly and easily. I
actually have no connection with http://rescuemyclassicmac.com – which
if you looked you would have realized is what MacBootDisk redirects
to. Kevin Rye (rescue's owner) made it clear over at 68Kmla that he
did not intend to offer this service forever, so I post the more
specific URL as a common pointer to the service which I intend to
continue one way or another once Kevin stops. I receive NOTHING from
him to promote the site. While platnicat offered to make free disks of
System 6.0.4, it does not cover all operating systems or every users
needs. So as long as people are randomly posting about boot disk
services, I threw more information into the mix. Also, I don't know
platnicat. Is he really going to send it to you free? Will he charge
for shipping? What is the quality of the media? How fast can you
expect to receive it? How responsive will platnicat be in getting you
that disk? Can he provide any other Systems? How long will platnicat
be able to fulfill this offer?

So I happen to think Kevin offers an invaluable service and I want to
help promote it. If you think it's in bad taste, then so be it,
consider me tasteless, because every time I have the opportunity I
will post the information. Either way the next time perhaps you'll do
a little more research before you start throwing stones, or at a
minimum take a look at my contributions to this forum and realize I
merely want to assist and am not some cheap spammer trying to make a
quick buck off of selling vintage floppy disks at $10/copy. Wow, I'll
get rich!