i don't know if this is the right place to offer, or if anyone would be
interested. but i have my Mac Classic 2.5MB 40MB SuperDrive with 800K
external floppy sitting here, and a box of 50 almost unused HD floppy
disks. i say almost unused, because i actually made a partial disk set
of Slakware 4 for an old laptop and that project died. so they have all
been formatted at least twice, once under Windows and again when writing
the linux disk images.

if anyone is interested, i could make some System 6/7 disk sets based on
the Apple download site, or i could write some disk images that you
would provide, and mail the resulting disks, for a small fee. note that
i am not selling the software (freely available we all know), just the
disks and service.

i can format these HD disks to 800K using the external drive no problem.
if i cover the HD detect hole, the SuperDrive formats them fine too. the
resulting disks seem to work fine in my tests. so maybe for someone with
a Mac Plus or SE who needs a System 6 installer? or maybe i could use
the Installer to make a floppy installation and select the specific
model Mac you have?

say, maybe $1 per disk, plus combined postage from 12578? thoughts?

PS: again, i am really not sure if i am even posting this to the right
list =( i have never really joined in on email lists and am way too used
to vbulletin-like forums, so please tell me if i am right or wrong