Uh, nope. NTSC, PAL & SECAM are totally different standards. You
cannot buy a TV in France and expect it to work in the US ... in fact
none of those old TVs will work anywhere anymore, including the MacTV,
without a digital converter box. Either way, a Mac TV will ONLY accept
an NTSC input, either coaxial or RCA. This is likely why it never sold
outside of the US, as Apple was waiting to see how well it did here
first before investing in foreign tuner cards.

ALSO, what is this CRAP about it being RARE? I see them on eBay all
the time and don't sell for that much. Your average 128K, which is far
more common than a Mac TV commands hundreds of dollars more than the
Black Mac. In fact I have two of them I bought for less than $150
each. One was damaged in shipping and I use the logic board in my
Colour Classic, which makes a great 9" TV. In fact both of mine came
with a complete set of everything that originally shipped with it,
including the packing list to confirm it. Now if it had come in its
original box ... that would be pretty rare.

SIDE NOTE: Something very interesting about the Mac TV LB, when used
in a stock Colour Classic, it defaults to 640x480 native resolution,
without any software hacks or hardware hacks.