Hi - a newcomer to this group - I am restoring an SE30 which still works but
has a seized drive. Have found one recently and will be installing it soon. I
am concerned with notions of possible breakdown of capacitors etc. on board
some help to overcome this would be handy!  I would like to replace pram
battery but I hear this is a difficult job - has anyone done this? I have my
original 512 Mac, a Mac Plus with a HD20 and a PowerBook 190cs - what is
amazing that all these old Macs work well with no probs at all. I wonder that
living in Australia with an extra dry climate helps in keeping these machines
operative, the 190 has a broken lid but happily boots up every time. Most of
the software on 3.5 disks work & have boxes of them though cannot find the old
Mac game Dark Castle which was quite amazing for its time. If anyone has a copy
for sale please let me know!
Regards to all
Peter W
Canberra Australia