On Aug 30, 5:53 pm, Peter Williamson <plw...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi - a newcomer to this group - I am restoring an SE30 which still works but
> has a seized drive. Have found one recently and will be installing it soon. I
> am concerned with notions of possible breakdown of capacitors etc. on board
> some help to overcome this would be handy!  I would like to replace pram
> battery but I hear this is a difficult job - has anyone done this? I have my
> original 512 Mac, a Mac Plus with a HD20 and a PowerBook 190cs - what is
> amazing that all these old Macs work well with no probs at all. I wonder that
> living in Australia with an extra dry climate helps in keeping these machines
> operative, the 190 has a broken lid but happily boots up every time. Most of
> the software on 3.5 disks work & have boxes of them
> though cannot find the old Mac game Dark Castle which was quite amazing for
> its time. If anyone
> has a copy for sale please let me know!

Delta Tao Software seems to own Dark Castle these days.  Even the
newer color version is "out of print" but that probably wouldn't run
on the SE/30 anyway.   However, you might try emailing them and see if
they still can set you up with the old original version.  Be sure to
mention that it's for an SE/30 or a Mac 512.

I bought the updated version they created many years ago, and in my
opinion the responsiveness to the mouse just wasn't as good as on the
original version.  But then, I think the original version didn't run
on anything with an ADB bus, so it was probably grabbing the mouse
inputs directly rather than through the OS Managers.

Jeff Walther