On Sat, Jul 20, 2013 at 4:31 AM, Gaetano <gaetano...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
> after reading your invaluable suggestions (thank you!) I checked what I
> already have at home and see if there is anything that can be reused.
> I guess that the roll of solder is ok, if I correctly understand the label
> it is 60/40 and then I have a solder sucker, the one on the right.
> Are they ok? Is it better to have the wick?

It is better to have the wick if possible. The sucker is great for larger
joints where you need to remove a lot of solder but it's harder to use on
small ones. The wick will make cleaning up the pads before resoldering a
lot easier. I have 2mm right now which is a good general purpose, 1.5mm
might work better for what you're doing:

http://it.rs-online.com/web/p/trecce-per-dissaldatura/2214891/

> Back to the Charles' shopping list, cutters and pliers are ok, I have them.
> Coming to capacitors, I am looking for them on some italian online stores,
> what do you think about these ones? (Mostly Panasonic and Nichicon, I
> understand from the thread that Panasonic are good ones)
>
> <http://it.rs-online.com/web/c/?sra=oss&r=t&searchTerm=smd+1uF+50V&x=0&y=0>
> 1<http://it.rs-online.com/web/c/?sra=oss&r=t&searchTerm=smd+1uF+50V&x=0&y=0>uF
> 50V
> 47uF 16V<http://it.rs-online.com/web/c/?searchTerm=smd+47uF+16V&sra=oss&r=t>
> 10uF
> 16V<http://it.rs-online.com/web/c/?sra=oss&r=t&searchTerm=smd+10uF+16V&x=0&y=0>

Charles or others will probably have better specific recommendations, but
if you have the same value, the same (or higher) voltage rating, the same
footprint (so the contacts on the cap match the pads on the board), and
other physical dimensions are the same or smaller than the original, I
think you should be OK with either of those brands. Bonus if you can get
high temp or long life rated caps.

The dimension info will be in the datasheet that is linked from the product
page under "Documentazione Tecnica", which I'm guessing is Technical
Documentation.

> Thanks for all the fun I am having on this thread!

We're having a lot of fun, too! :)

Stickman