From: vintage-macs@googlegroups.com [mailto:vintage-macs@googlegroups.com]
On Behalf Of theonetruestick...@gmail.com
Sent: Tuesday, July 23, 2013 9:08 AM
To: vintage-macs@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: Soldering Station - was: Are my 2 Powerbook 100 only for the
trashcan?

If you're going to spend $70 on an iron anyway and plan to do a bit of
soldering the triple-8, or a comparable iron, is the way to go. I think the
Weller WES51 is pretty similar, though I've not read up on it, and it may
have better tip selection.You might also be able to find a good deal on a
used Hakko 936 if you hunt around, those were the precursor to the FX-888
and were also pretty good.

Stickman

---
"Vintage Macs" group.