The 6500 comes from the 5500... You talk about a "optional ethernet card"
so it must the card on comm slot. Those cards usually don't have handshake
so they can't link on modern switch/routers. You will need a old ethernet
10Mbit hub to connect the 6500 and link it up to the router.

Joao

On Sunday, March 16, 2014 1:10:38 AM UTC, Louis Ciotti wrote:

> Well the 6500 has the optional ethernet card, but I have not gotten it to
> work, but your comment about finding a router to work with half duplex has
> me wondering if that is the issue.  I have an new Asus GB ethernet router
> and the have only tried the 6500 connected to a GB switch that ggoes to
> that Asus router.
>
> Good news is I also found an apple AAUI to 10BaseT adapter today, so that
> should work with the 660AV.  So I sould be able to use the one of the SCSI
> to ethernet on the SE/30 assuming I can locate the drivers for them
> correct?  If so not my only missing link is the router.  The Mac Mini is a
> G4 so Tiger would be no problem to put on it.
>
> On Saturday, March 15, 2014 8:37:53 PM UTC-4, Jordan Utolia wrote:
>>
>> Yes I have noticed that earlier. I am sure the site owner is updating his
>> hardware or something.
>>
>> Check back in a few days.
>>
>> For a pure ethernet network, you'll need NICs for the SE/30 and the 6500
>> if it doesn't have a PCI or optional Ethernet card. The 660AV can just use
>> that AAUI port for an adapter, freeing up expansion slot(s) for other
>> things. Then you'll need to procure a router that won't have hiccups with
>> 10BASE-T half-duplex -- I merely used a DLink WBR1610, which is an old
>> router. (I tried a NetGear WVR614v9 and it didn't work.) Add the Mac mini
>> and you'll be done -- but I don't know if it can run Tiger or not, which is
>> the last to work with all three computers at once.
>>
>> There's other ways of doing all this, the Guide when it returns, explains
>> everything. (More to come too.)

---
"Vintage Macs" group.
to vintage-macs+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.