I think there is a point there. Certain PM series Macs came with
machine-specific CDs to install all the yonque for them.

In your case of the 6500: http://postimg.org/image/3yignkpox/ (Source:
http://macintoshgarden.org/apps/macintosh-mac-os-76). But if you want
7.5.5, then poke around here (I think all the Mediafire links are dead but
it gives you an idea what you're looking for):
http://macintoshgarden.org/apps/macintosh-mac-os-755-update-755-pm-73869600-5500-6500-series

That's the one you're looking for, if you're talking about 7.6.1. 7.5.5 --
there's a way of doing it that I can think of but you'll want to make sure
you have a emergency floppy to boot the thing in case things go wacky.
You'll also need System Picker 1.1a3 on hand (just get on of the Disk Tools
floppies (PPC) and trash the stuff you won't need until it fits. Make sure
it works first.) You can then try installing 7.5.3 for Any Macintosh and
updating it but that sounds like something you want to do in a VM (Basilisk
II) or another computer and copy the whole shebang over the network.

On Monday, March 17, 2014 11:30:16 AM UTC-6, Louis Ciotti wrote:

> Just read that link below.  This explains my problem getting 7.6 installed:
>
> I - These computers shipped with 7.5.5 and require the enabler with it.
> These do not support Mac OS 7.6. They do support Mac OS 7.6.1.
>

> On Sunday, March 16, 2014 3:39:00 PM UTC-4, Jordan Utolia wrote:
>
>> I was not aware of this. Good to know.
>>
>> On Sunday, March 16, 2014 12:37:33 AM UTC-6, Joao Encarnado wrote:
>>>
>>> The 6500 comes from the 5500... You talk about a "optional ethernet
>>> card" so it must the card on comm slot. Those cards usually don't have
>>> handshake so they can't link on modern switch/routers. You will need a old
>>> ethernet 10Mbit hub to connect the 6500 and link it up to the router.
>>>
>>> Joao.)
>>>

>>  BTW. System 7.6 doesn't have enablers. (
>> http://support.apple.com/kb/ta28948) Enablers were eliminated with
>> 7.5.3. I would offer you Mac OS 8 on floppies but seeing that there are 27
>> install disks, I'd think you'd like to reconsider that CD drive. :)

---
"Vintage Macs" group.
to vintage-macs+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.