hello

and thank you for your thoughts - specially jonathan.
yes, i unmounted the original fan (a simple task with four screws :-)
you can't find the specifications directly, but some forum threads etcetera.
this is the akasa with integrated temperature control:
http://www.akasa.com.tw/update.php?tpl=product/product.detail.tpl&no=181&type=Fans&type_sub=Auto%20thermal&model=AK-174BKT-B
(you have to shorten the screws, because its thinner and i mounted a rubber
isolator between fan and power supply)

best regards,
jan

Am 25.06.2014 um 08:02 schrieb TT <tam...@gmail.com>:

> On Mon, Jun 23, 2014 at 9:38 AM, <canalegra...@stoltenhoff.de> wrote:
>
> so i was happy to find a modern fan from akasa with integrated
> temperature-/speedcontrol.
>

> Hi Jan, this sounds like a "cool" and necessary mod for an audio-centric
> project. Do you mind posting a link to the particular replacement fan you are
> looking at? I am wondering how it performs temp control. I was also wondering
> if you have taken off the original fan and have the part number to check the
> original fan's specifications.
>
> cheers,
> tt

---