Interesting. So it should be possible to network an emulator to it if I had
such a setup? What specific hardware did you use and the software? I
noticed Fusion 3.0 (an old MSDOS Macintosh Emulator) appears to support the
serial and printer ports. That and perhaps I could use Basilisk. My current
PC is rather modern and doesn't have a serial port. But I have an old
Pentium machine with a 200 MHZ CPU with MMX support. :P

Would like to see if I can network a drive to it from an emulator. 50 pin
SCSI drives are looking to be a very expensive buy, so it may be awhile
before I can get a drive for it. The 80 pin drives while much cheaper have
all been 10,000RPM drives from what I've found (looks like they were
intended for enterprise/server use) and they are known for generating a lot
of heat. I don't feel comfortable jury rigging one of those monsters in my
little old Macintosh SE. :P

It has a serial port and I even rigged it to boot straight into Fusion
emulator at boot. So it's a defacto hackintosh but only with MacOS 7.5
instead of MacOS X. :P

---
"Vintage Macs" group.
to vintage-macs+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.