If you can find it, HP had a legacy printer software download for old Macintosh
for the LaserJet 4, 5 and 6 series printers, but they must have PostScript SIMM
or DIMM installed. IIRC the L models are not supported by it, probably no
PostScript option for them. Those printers will need an interface option board
with Ethernet and/or a LocalTalk/Mac serial port.
LaserJet 4 series uses the MIO type expansion. Laserjet 5, 5M, 5N and 5S series
also use MIO. Do not be fooled by Token Ring MIO cards, they are useless
(unless for some reason you are stuck maintaining an ancient Token Ring system)
unless you get one with a Mac port because you need to connect to a Mac. The
'holy grail' of MIO cards are the ones with Mac, 10 Base-T and 10 Base-2 ports.

Looks like LaserJet 6 only came in L and P models, neither of which had
expansion slots. printerworks.com is where you can find all the parts and
upgrades, including some parts that can be used to repair LaserWriters due to
their common "engines" shared with various HP, Canon and others.

There was a Macintosh kit for the LaserJet II but from what I read on it some
years ago it was slow and didn't work too well. HP had absolutely nothing for
Mac for the LaserJet III series. There were 3rd party solutions such as
PostScript cartridges and interface adapters.
Another thing to look for, which will get you compatibility with many more (but
old) printers is PowerPrint. It's a Mac serial port to parallel port adapter
cable and a software driver and RIP (Raster Image Processor) that takes print
output and converts it to monochrome bitmaps to send to the printer. Caveat, it
can be VERY SLOW, minutes per page on most 68k Macs, even on a IIci with 128
meg RAM and a 66Mhx PPC 601 upgrade. I connected up a LaserJet IIID to just
such a "Power IIci" and after a couple pages printed using Power Print I gave
up on using that for printing from it.

There were several revisions to both the cable and software, so you need to
match them. When the company was still in business they'd give you free
upgrades to the latest software version supported by whichever cable revision
you had.
They also had a network version of PowerPrint. That included a standalone print
server to connect the printer to. From what I collected about it, the software
looked for a specific name of the print server. I wondered if any server would
work if it's name was changed to match the one provided by PowerPrint. I still
have a standalone HP JetDirect for parallel printers.
Or you could install Print to PDF then copy the PDF's to a newer computer to
print out. http://www.jwwalker.com/pages/pdf.html