Yes, overclocking and adding an upgrade board is a good way to go. I'd say
overclock it to the max it can go and be stable, upgrade the RAM to 32mb or
more, add a big hard disk, a CDROM, and install a Turbo 040-33 or -40. As for
the 601 card, it's NOT worth it. They're extremely hard to get, require a
special adapter to the best of my knowledge, and that adapter has NO NUBUS
SLOTS so if the 520 doesn't have a NuBUS slot to use, you're pretty much
screwed. So, OC + Turbo 040 + RAM >32mb is the best bet.

-- Deven Gallo

<<The LC520 can be overclocked to 33Mhz then a
DayStar LC adaptor can be used to plug in a
50Mhz 030 PowerCache or a Turbo 040.

I'm a bit iffy on knowing what 601 upgrades work
in the 030 based LC series. Would the Turbo 601
work with the adaptor for the 030 PowerCache and
Turbo 040? Is there one that plugs directly into
the LC PDS and lays down against the logicboard
like the LC network cards?>>