Terry Mathews wrote:
>Well, that may have been true earlier, but the newer versions of PC-DOS were
>(IMHO) far superior to Microsoft's offerings, especially since MS-DOS 7 was
>never a full product (Version of DOS Win95 is run on top of, missing most
>utilities included in MS-DOS 6.22)

    I don't remember where it was, but, I do remember reading an
article somewhere, that PC-DOS is about 30% more efficient than
MS-DOS.
    This would make sense. If IBM took over PC-DOS, they would likely
have re-written it. Micro$oft, on the other hand, would still be
suffering from the old "Programmer-rip-off-scam."
    Essentially, a company hires a team of good programmers for their
initial release (program, OS, whatever) After the software has been
written, they lay off all the programmers & hire a team of flunkies
to drag & drop pre-written code modules into a compiler for further
version releases. This makes for some very sloppy, wasted code...
Especially if a new version requires a new feature... The drag & drop
flunkies may have to put in several modules to accomplish a task that
could be handled by a single module written specifically for that
feature.

    I think this "Programmer-rip-off-scam" is also where a lot of viri
come from... Job security. Programmers will hide trojan horses within
company software, that require a code word to be entered every couple
of months or so to temporarily deactivate them. If the programmer is
laid off... A few months go by & BINGO viri start popping out.

Iechyd Da,
Andrew

--
Since Judgement Day has now come and gone, it is now up to