> Well, that may have been true earlier, but the newer versions of PC-DOS
were
> (IMHO) far superior to Microsoft's offerings, especially since MS-DOS 7
was
> never a full product (Version of DOS Win95 is run on top of, missing most
> utilities included in MS-DOS 6.22)

I know this is getting way OT, but wasn't Digital Research's DR-DOS the best
DOS of it's type. IIRC it was the first with memory optimisation, protected
mode and the only DOS to reallyy exploit the extra features of the 286
processor. I also once read that bugs in said 286 processor prevented DR-DOS
from running properly and hurt it chances...

Cheers,
Adam