wizard--I'm following this discussion with interest. while i do not
understand every last thing you are talking about, i had never heard of
converting the RAM on a IIfx before.  i gather that you are studying the
structure of how the RAM cips and pins were designed for the IIfx and
coming to the conclusion that they have more bells and whistles than
they needed to have, most of which go largely unused--and that you can
convert the machine over to using another form of RAM simms that are
more common and more versatile.

if you succeed, i would be fascinated to hear what worked. i have 2
iifx's, and until i read your discussion i was resigned to jsut
accepting that they are strange beasts that need to be fed a delicate
diet. now i'm hoping maybe they can take something else besides the 64
pin simms they were made with.

be sure to keep us posted on what you find and how it works out.  and i
am on the lookout for any way i can max up my RAM on my two--either the
standard way, or by another more ingenious way.

janet

http://community.webtv.net/mensabrains/BADCODE