> At 19:22 +0000 on 31/03/02, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>
> >Now,  Question of the day:  What other Macs that does have this DMA
> >supported and high performance SCSI chipsets besides this IIfx?
>
> None of them, AFAIK.

Throws up hands and exclaims: "that makes sense!"

Very strange for apple to hobble the decent machines like 8500 till
busmastering and UDMA became available by default in later Macs
which is around G3 era.   Big gap there,  peecees got there first in
mid '94 to '96 with busmastering IDE by default on
motherboards.

No wonder owners had to run out and buy scsi w/ DMA support
controller cards in early times or UDMA IDE cards for their Macs.

I find that Mac is very CPU-RAM bound, any help is needed especially
with floppy and HD chipsets handled by DMA controllers.

Is there a utility to copy ROM to RAM for most Macs including this
IIfx?   Peecees are by default on quality 386 boards and 486 by
default onwards.  Would be nice to do this also for video card
firmware shadowed to ram.

Cheers,

Wizard