> You *do* realise how much those cost, right?

Well, at this point, I'm surfing ebay *grin*!  Since I keep reading that
this is a good upgrade, I'm trying to learn as much about it as I can.
First upgrade will probably be more RAM, as it only has 8MB on board.

> It'd be cheaper to get a 7100 mobo and cram it in there, which would give
> you a native PPC-based motherboard for about 1/10 the price of a Turbo
601.
> You'd need new RAM, of course, but everything else would transfer right
> over...

So the 7100 uses 72 pin SIMMs?  I haven't really checked the specs on those
yet.  The IIci was set up as a desktop publishing computer and it has quite
a few programs installed on it.  I would need to make sure that they are PPC
compatible, right?

I do try to read up on stuff first, so I won't ask too many stupid
questions.  I tend to do better with software than hardware though *grin*!