On 2002-04-06 5:54, "Gregg Eshelman" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> --- Joost van de Griek <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> The time of manufacture and the hours-of-use counter aren't cleared with a
>> normal PRAM zap. They can be cleared only by a "deep zap", [...]
>
> Let a vintage Mac sit around for a month or so with a dead or missing PRAM
> battery and the manufacturing date and hours of use will go *poof*.

Ah, yes... PRAM is still RAM, so with all power removed the contents will be
erased. My point is, some things will not be cleared by going through the
usual steps for clearing the PRAM, i.e. Holding down Command and Option when
starting the Finder.

In other words, what you just described constitutes a "deep zap".

,xtG
.tsooJ
--
Joost van de Griek