At 12:35 PM 05/26/2002 +0200, you wrote:

>I had this invisible file too. It turned out to be MacTCP itself. Once
>replaced by a visible MacTCP, it came back invisible after restart. Having
>done that 10 times, I changed it's attributes (unchecked 'invisible')  with
>the program FileBudy 2.2, gave it a new MacTCP-Icon, restarted, and all was
>well.

Same thing here, same file.  I used Norton and unchecked invisible. Then I
deleted it and replaced it with a fresh copy. That file seems to be okay.
I think I'll be fine, as soon as I figure out how to get OT/PPP on the Mac.
 ( I think it will involved moving the IIci down, hooking it up, and
pulling a copy of the file from my ISP.  I'll upload that this morning.)
I'm finding that some of these Macs don't like those floppies with a
plastic slider, instead of metal. And the floppy drive on the PC is down,
so TransMac is out.

I'm starting to feel like someone with a yard full of old cars, just to
have enough spare parts to keep one going *grin*!
Teri Pittman
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
New and improved site: http://www.xws.com/terispage/