my understanding on the issue (after speaking with Apple)
is that whatever software was ORIGINALLY installed on ANY
Apple computer by Apple is legal with or without discs
ALL other software (unless deemed FREE by the copyright
owner or allowed by the copyright owner) is use at your own
peril (you could be fined or jailed or both IF found guilty of
copyright infringement)
on a more "abstract" note imho any software that is no longer
supported and or distributed by the copyright owner or on behalf
of the copyright owner "fair game" albeit with the aforementioned
caveat

just my 2 cents
Al