Charles Shannon Hendrix <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 wrote:

> I run Cabletron and Asante nubus ethernet in 68k systems.  I got an 8100
> for free the other day, and it's having trouble running an Asante card.
> MacTCP works great, but Open Transport won't let it connect.
>
> That's not entirely correct actually, because it did connect to the
> DHCP server and get it's address assigned.  It just won't use DNS or
> make connections after that.

It's unusual to encounter problems with DHCP after Open Transport 1.1.1 or 1.1.2 but
it does happen with some servers. Given that it is assigning you the IP address, why
not just enter the gateway address, subnet mask and DNS server addresses manually in
the TCP/IP -- OT will continue to assign the IP address dynamically.

Phil