--- Phil Beesley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
<clip>

> be used internally and that auto motor start is ON

I knew there was something I forgot in my other
"start unit" command on the SCSI bus. What also does
not work is an Autostart Delay. What that does is
wait the number of seconds equal to the SCSI ID number
to power up the drive spindle motor. So ID #6 would
wait six seconds after turning on the Mac before
that drive would spin up. Not good when the Mac is
expecting all SCSI devices to be ready to go when it
goes looking for what's on the bus!

> In theory there should not be any problems if
> more than one device in the chain has terminator
> power enabled.

All devices on the bus can be set to provide
termination power to themselves, if that does not
also enable termination on the device. What you do not
want is any more than two devices supplying
termination
power to the BUS. For desktop Macs that's the Mac and
one other device, usually the one at the end of the
external SCSI chain. PowerBooks with SCSI do not
supply termination power to the bus so when using
external SCSI devices on a PowerBook, at least one
must supply termination power to the bus.

Hmmm, don't recall if the Mac Plus supplies
termination
power to the bus or not.

=====
"When you are wrestling for possession of a sword, the man with the handle always
wins." Hiro Protagonist