on 8/19/03 10:11 PM, John Niven at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> I've just confirmed that my Classic II, running OS 6.0.8L, has a total
> memory of 10,240KB, the largest free block is 9,102KB, Finder uses
> 160KB, while the system uses 978KB. Does this elevate the Classic II
> from "Road Apple" status as a OS 6 machine? :-)
>
> So if I could get OS 6.0.8L to run on my IIci, could I get it to
> recognize more than 8MB?
>
> Any ideas?
>
> John

~~~~Rant Mode Engaged~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Maybe. I'm one of those who see no road apples. I've read the lists and I
"get" what they're meant to do, but there was always an issue with price and
Macs. "Crippling" them is the way Apple chose for competitiveness.

I've never met an unworkable Mac. Limited Mac? Yeh. They ALL are remarkably
useful, again, thanks to the GUI and mouse. I have a lady friend with an SE.
Like TacoBill, I've spit-shined that thing so she can do all kinds of stuff
with it, including email.
~~~~Rant Mode Terminated~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jeff G.