J.S. Garrison wrote:

Fascinating. All, newer integrated machines have components installed and
tuned at the factory to work in the system. If you see the listname, you'll
glean I'm talking same-era machines. I'm a semi-non-profit. I resurrect both
Vintage Macs and Vintage PC's. My line of experience runs to the 68k Mac
and 486-to-Pentium/Pentium II PC's. THESE are the ones whose
non plug-and-play porridge of components make life with a PC a horror.
But, as it allows me to sell them at prices sufficient to recoup expenses
I do 'em.

Yes Jeff 486 to P1/P2 I only have 12 or so and 4 dont do Win9x at all.
Please continue the pc and ppc mac sledging. I proves nothing and means
even less.
I give away anything I consider useful once its fixed to folks without computers or tired old pc's and spend a bit of time repairing and upgrading. I keep the macs because I like them and because they are not main-stream enough. Thats not a dig at macs, I just dont need the "how do I play ----" and "why wont this work" questions, many of which cant be answered on a 68k machine. I hope to unload a few LC's now that my gran is in a oldies home. Because of the ease of the OS and the fact they wont likely need more than I can provide.

PPC macs go to mac users still stuck on the types of machines covered by these lists, they know what they are doing and can use the upgrade. This is a swap deal which some folks aren't interested in, I can only help them with what I pick up on these lists and the odd bit of hardware / software I find.

Glad I could amuse you.

You always do. :) Lets swap ideas rather than insults.