I decided to try to put a 1GB HD I scavenged from an old 8100 into my IIsi.
I'll save all of the painfully frustrating details, but it won't work.  Here's
what I've done so far.

1)  IIsi floppy is caput.   Cleaned it, kissed it, said pretty please, it
ain't working.

2)  So I took the HD, put it in my 8500.  Formatted it with Lido (thanks
Gamba!) and partitioned into 5 drives of 200 MB each (about).  Installed system
6.0.7 minimum.  Put it back into the IIsi.  It works!  Uh oh, I forgot the
Iomega Driver for my Zip drive.

3) Back into the 8500, copy the driver, back into the IIsi.  No joy.  Just
the disk with a "?" screen.

4) put the HD back into the 8500, works great.  removed Iomega driver.  back
into the IIsi, no luck.

5) frustrated, I quit.

My next move will be to temporarily put the 8500 floppy into the IIsi and try
to initialize/format with a floppy.

Other questions:  can I get the IIsi to start from the ZIP drive?  Other than
installing a system, any other software needed?  Keystroke combination?  (I
have system 6.0.7, 7.5.2, 8.0, 8.5, and 8.6 to choose from for the potential
ZIP startup disk).

What is the maximum size I can partition a drive and have it still work with
6.0.7?

Thanks in advance!

oobknarf

PS:  I don't know nothing about a LCIII, but I love my IIsi!  Stupid floppy
drives make me mad, but I love the IIsi!