>I currently own half a dozen or so Macs - 2 SE/30s (one has the screen
>ruined), a dead IIci, 3 LCIII and a Performa 5200CD. But I couldn't access
>the Net with those! (the 5200 is in my grandparents' house - I'm teaching
>computing to them). I have a WinTel machine which is making me sick all
>the
>time - errors all the time - I often get nightmares from those! The Mac is
>really better in that point - when a fatal error occurs, it doesn't fill
>the
>whole screen - all it shows is a little bomb in a box (at least it's what
>know, my newest OS is 7.6.1)
>
>I really wanted to have a B&W G3, it would be nice, chipped, it would be a
>great machine, running OS X and so! A Mac mini would be great, though... I
>don't play games a lot (except Sims2, but that one I will have to resign
>the ugly-faced, always-crashing WinTel machines, because the Mac versions
>are always late), and a mini would be the perfect companion!

The 5200 should be able to go on the internet as it was a PPC Mac, would
think the LC III can as well since I have an SE/30 that I can do a limited
number of things on the net with. Screen being the limiting factor.

B&W G3's are going pretty cheap these days on eBay I forgot to bid on one
locally that went for $88 or there abouts. I picked up a 450 mhz server
with the scsi/raid card and dual 9 gb UW drives for about $150 and it runs
OSX 10.3 fine. As someone else mentioned lots of ram makes a big
difference as does the fast drives.

Given what the B&W G3's are going for used today I'd be curious as to what
the Mini's will go for used in a few years.

Kevin