On Sat, May 28, 2005 at 08:46:20PM +0100, Manuel Marques wrote:
> Bah, WinTel machines! I'm fed up with them! Especially the newer ones! ;-)
>
> I currently own half a dozen or so Macs - 2 SE/30s (one has the screen
> ruined), a dead IIci, 3 LCIII and a Performa 5200CD. But I couldn't access
> the Net with those!

The 5200CD can, but it is not nice. I had put  96M into it at the end and a
4GB 5400 RPM HD, and browsing was so painful, I only used it for e.g.
checking TV details when my main machine was not available. Mostly I used it
as telnet terminal.

Starcraft was also not doable. (I like Blizzard games, and the older ones
combine Mac and PC versions on one CD)

Note that I had to install the ethernet driver myself. Comslot NIC drivers
were not included with even Mac OS 8.1. My card was a dayna (or something
that sounded like that), and searching for a driver led me to the intel
site. After installing that, the network/internet worked (OS 8.1 included
open transport)