I started using Macs and PCs at about the same time (1990 or so), and
have continued to use both over the years. I don't find either OS
particularly difficult to use or navigate, but perhaps it's just
because I have grown with them.

OpenOffice has many things to work out before it can become a serious
competitor with Microsoft Office. It's still really buggy, and there
are some semi-important things (in my opinion) that you just can't do,
like only print a selected page(s) from a spreadsheet.