On 24 Jun 2005, at 05:18, NODEraser wrote:

I started using Macs and PCs at about the same time (1990 or so), and
have continued to use both over the years. I don't find either OS
particularly difficult to use or navigate, but perhaps it's just
because I have grown with them.

I work on a PC everyday at work and use a Mac at home all the time. There are just some things, a lot of which I mentioned, that just bite when they keep happening every day and you know there is a better alternative but can't get to it (bosses are totally anti-Mac). I don't have a problem using Windows, I've been using it since 1992, and have used every version bar Me (for which I should be truly thankful - I went with 2000 :o) ). I know Windows inside out for the most part. I just don't think it's as intuitive to use on an 'everyday' basis as Mac OS X.

OpenOffice has many things to work out before it can become a serious
competitor with Microsoft Office. It's still really buggy, and there
are some semi-important things (in my opinion) that you just can't do,
like only print a selected page(s) from a spreadsheet.

I know Excel 2000 can't do that either and it's annoying as hell. Also they nee d a Preview pane in the File -> Open dialog so you can see what you are opening without having to open it. If you're interested try version 1.94 BETA. It's a lot better than 1.1.4 and seems to work OK despite being a beta. The biggest issue I have with OO is that it's slow as hell cause a lot of it is written in Java.

--
Mark Benson

AIM - SilValleyPirate
MSN - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Visit FlatPackMacs online: <http://fpm.68kmac.com>

"Never send a human to do a machine's job."
                -The Matrix