On Jul 3, 2005, at 2:55 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
I probably have purchased my last Macintosh. I have a goodly supply now, some 68xxx models and some PCI Power Macs and a B&W with 10. The B& W is useless, I have nothing that will run on it except AOL. I don't like 10 enough to
learn it.

I'm a B&W user (bought used). I bought a second video card, and 2nd matching monitor. I added a SATA disk, and 1Gb of RAM. I have a Belkin wireless network card installed. It runs 10.3.9, MS office and a couple of other packages I like. It's helped me become more UNIX savy, and works well in a mixed PC/UNIX work environment. Of course YMMV. The h/w only matters up to a point, then it's the s/w. In fact very cheap s/w (when you can find it) is the best think about vintage Macs. It's what keeps the cost down.

I'm not into games, music or surfing the web.

So what are you into? What would you want in a new Apple product?

John