You have to do the tap in a rhythum. You will have to practice, but it should
be a tap followed by another tap in quick succession. No more than 1 second
apart.. Practice and you will get there. Basically you need to tap so VO
inserts or says space and quickly tap again so it is interpreted correctly. I
had to learn this myself and sometimes I still manage to mess up. :)