One other neat trick I like in case the press twice thingy doesn't work for you is you can tap and hold, or rather double-tap and hold the more numbers button, and then slide up to the z and let go. This inserts a period as well. The reason is because when you double-tap and hold the numbers button, it temporarilly shows the numbers and symbols screen and the period is where the z key is. When you double-tap and hold and then drag your finger to the z and lift up, it puts a period instead. Sort of like if you use a sticky shift feature, but in this case it's for the numbers and symbols.

--
Raul A. Gallegos
Families is where our nation finds hope, where wings take dream. - George Bush