Hey Raul;

Thanks for the good tip.

Anthony

-----Original Message-----
From: viphone@googlegroups.com [mailto:viphone@googlegroups.com] On Behalf
Of Raul A. Gallegos
Sent: Monday, June 18, 2012 7:32 AM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: Shortcut for typing a period ?

What do you mean does it work with text? If you mean when you are
texting, yes. It works whenever the keyboard is present. When you
double-tap and hold the more numbers button, you will hear something
like alternative characters available. Without lifting your finger,
slide it to where the z key is and lift. Now you have a period.

--
Raul A. Gallegos
Dear chicken, I don't get why you're so popular for crossing the road...

On 6/18/2012 7:26 AM, Jodi Cowle wrote:
> Double tap and hold with one finger? Does this work with text? I can't get
it to work.

> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On Jun 18, 2012, at 6:05 AM, "Raul A. Gallegos" <r...@raulgallegos.com>
wrote:

>> Hi Suzanne, in short, double-tap and hold makes the keyboard change
temporarily to the numbers keyboard with the common symbols. The period is
where the z key is and the comma is where the x key is. So, if you
double-tap and hold the numbers button, drag your finger to the location of
the z and you will see it's a period, list your finger and a period will be
entered, or do the same with a comma or a number. When you do it this way,
the keyboard immediately returns back to letters when finished. This is why
it's only useful if you will be doing 1 or 2 symbols or numbers in your
writing.

>> I hope that makes sense.
>>
>> --
>> Raul A. Gallegos
>> I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning
that's as good as they're going to feel all day. - Frank Sinatra